We are developing this site as we go - it is not 'ready' (and may never be) so check back and see how it is developing. Please excuse typos and grammatical errors - our copywriter Nic is regularly reviewing, iterating and improving as we publish.
Given this project is significantly funded by public money (around 70%), the #DITO team have committed to ensure that all assets and deliverables generated through the project are available to the public.
This includes documentation, working out, software & code, designs and strategy.
Introduced in the Open Digital Approach for the NHS paper (published Autumn 2018), the approach to the project is open and transparent. This aligns with the policies laid out by the UK Government and NHS England. How these connect policies with practice is covered in the paper.
Developing In The Open
Developing In The Open is essential to create sustainable technology for healthcare.
An Open Platform enables portablility of applications and a sustainable support ecosystem, with nothing out of reach from the customer.
Connecting the users with the developers and designers reduces the risk of requirement whispers and ensures suitability of developed applications.
- Innovate UK awarded the grant
- Open Digital Approach paper published
- Innovate UK application submitted
- Engage with SLaM Open-eObs pilot
- Support Code 4 Health platform
- Government Computing & Health Business articles
- GDS / Cabinet Office / OFE input into Open Standards policy and Open Source elements of GDS service design manual
- OpusVL Open Source awareness campaign targetting MP's and politicians